Sponsored by the Government of South Australia Department for Education, and run by MASA, this is a free annual competition open to all junior secondary students to promote interest in mathematics and foster positive attitudes among students, teachers and parents. The best of the entries will be entered into the (NMTQ) National Maths Talent Quest organised by the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers.
RESOURCES: The following are range of resources to help teachers prepare students for the Junior Secondary Mathematics Enrichment Project (JSMEP), SA Mathematics Talent Quest (Primary) or SA Mathematics Talent Quest (Secondary).
- 2018 Modelling Presentation
- HOW LONG WILL WATER LAST
- HOW MANY ANIMALS KEEP THEIR COOL
- BABY IN THE CAR
- Class Workshop – POPUP CARDS
- Class Workshop – PAPER PLANES
- Class Workshop – PACKAGING
- Possible mathematics topics for investigation
- What is the maximum volume of an open topped box made from a 20cm x 20cm sheet
- What is the volume of a unit regular tetrahedron
- Is 64 65 puzzle
- What is the volume
The best of these entries will be entered into the National Maths Talent Quest (NMSQ) organised by the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers. INFORMATION & FORMS for JSMEP years 7-10 2023…